Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Around the world in 80 days


















Friday 27th May. That’s the day ‘the letter’ says I’ll be leaving work. This feels a long way away, but counting down it’s only 80 days from now. So this is as good as time as any to have a think about what needs doing in those 80 days.

Big stuff:
Iran visa
Pakistan visa
India visa
From looking at their respective websites, it looks like a bureaucratic nightmare, more on these to follow.

Get road tax for current motorbike which expires soon, then…
Sell motorbike (Yamaha Fazer FZ6)
Buy motorbike (Yamaha XT660)
Buy luggage set for new bike & make frame to fit it
Arrange all other mods to new bike
- hard wire GPS & 12v charger to battery
- fit centre stand
- fit rasied screen and hand guards if not already on

Arrange international driving permit from AA
Arrange carnet for new bike from RAC
Make sure all documents from driving license to passport are up to date and make good colour copies of everything.
Take out bike insurance to cover as many countries as possible
Take out health / emergency airlift insurance
Find out what jabs are needed and get them
Arrange a check up at the dentist
Sell car, cancel insurance and collect no claims evidence for when next need it
Sell or store everything that’s not coming with me

Little stuff:
Work out actual departure day & catch ups with everyone before then
Book Eurotunnel or ferry before it gets too expensive
Work out a route & some couchsurfers for the first few days
Look into & print walking routes for a few mountains
Learn how to use video camera and editing software
Cancel mobile phone contract, get new one with international sim
Change a load of money into US$ for emergencies
Make sure all banking Direct Debits etc are up to date
Get CV up to date and work references

Annoying questions:
Look into what happens to my pension & national insurance
Look into completing a P85 Income Tax Form "for those leaving the United Kingdom" and forward to the Inland Revenue with P45

There’s probably more, this is just what’s on my mind at the moment and it’s a relief just to get the list written down. Much like thinking about the trip itself, trying to take it all in at once is impossible, so breaking it down into smaller jobs is the only way. Next up must be selling my bike and buying the one for the trip. Hopefully the next post here will be headed with a photo of the shiny Yamaha XT660. More soon.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking
and checking back frequently!

my blog post; krankenkasse leistungen
My page :

Anonymous said...

Good post. I will be dealing with some of these issues as well.
.

My web blog :: private krankenversicherung ranking
Look into my web site ;

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here different
page and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to going over your web page again.
My site > beiträge private krankenversicherung

Anonymous said...

Hi there are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.

Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Review my blog - low credit score home loans

Anonymous said...

Incredible story there. What occurred after? Thanks!

Feel free to visit my site mouse click the up coming internet site
Also visit my blog ... stay with me

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've bear in mind your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have bought here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

Feel free to surf to my website; private krankenversicherung vergleiche

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've bear in mind your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have bought here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

My webpage; private krankenversicherung vergleiche
My site :: bad credit home loan mortgage refinance

Anonymous said...

I think what you posted made a great deal of sense.
But, think on this, what if you typed a catchier post
title? I ain't saying your information isn't solid, however suppose you added
something that grabbed folk's attention? I mean "Around the world in 80 days" is kinda boring. You could glance at Yahoo's front page and see how they write post titles to
get people interested. You might add a related video or
a related pic or two to get people excited about everything've got to say. Just my opinion, it would bring your blog a little livelier.

Check out my site - vorteile private krankenversicherung

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info much.
I was seeking this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and good luck.

Visit my homepage :: multiple hosting
My page: affordable web hosting

Anonymous said...

Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession
capital to assert that I get actually loved account your weblog posts.

Any way I'll be subscribing on your augment and even I success you get entry to persistently quickly.

Stop by my web blog ... working from home uk

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are actually fastidious thing if
you are not understanding something completely, except
this article gives good understanding even.

Visit my web site - personal web hosting

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously believe this website needs much more attention.
I'll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the information!

Look into my site; secluded island vacations

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to your blog before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm certainly delighted I discovered it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back often!


Visit my page ... privaten krankenversicherungen

Anonymous said...

I enjoy, lead to I discovered exactly what I used to be having a
look for. You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Feel free to visit my web blog ... Click Here

Anonymous said...

I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet
visitors, its really really good paragraph on building
up new weblog.

My webpage :: best Honeymoon Destinations

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon everyday.
It's always helpful to read articles from other authors and practice a little something from other web sites.

Also visit my blog post - top seo consultant

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Los angeles! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even
using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, awesome blog!

My homepage; student loans consolidation companies

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this
blog loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

My blog :: kredit negativer schufa

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, how is all, I think every one is getting
more from this website, and your views are good in favor
of new users.

Feel free to visit my homepage :: clickbank affiliate program

Anonymous said...

Informative article, exactly what I needed.

Review my web blog :: free webhosting

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to
be on the net the simplest thing to be aware
of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they
plainly don't know

about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Feel free to visit my web page: Costa Blanca Spain Classifieds

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.